Thursday, January 3, 2008

The Last V.ball Match... and Ice Skating!!!

I had my last V.ball match against Hall 8 early this morning. It was a match that could have been won. On the contrary, we lost, and to ourselves instead.

There was much to learn:
  • Unity was present but we lacked practise and communication.
  • Everyone was overly stressed and pent up over the last few points so much so that we delivered too many out-of-court balls.
  • On top of this... perhaps we've, or more specifically, I've over stressed my star player in the game.

It was a difficult and depressing match for her and our in the end out last photograph wasn't complete. She left hastily, angry with herself.

I'm angry with myself too.

There are too many things in life and as Murphy's law goes, everything always goes wrong at the same time. I do not have the tendency to blame and be angry with people, but I tend to blame the situation and the way things happens. However, these are the things that cannot be changed or helped either and there is no point squabbling over them. In the end, there's no one left but myself. I'll keep pounding on what I could have done, what I did not do and what I've done wrongly. It's more practical then, in this sense, as these are the things that can be changed and I may have the chance to overwrite them. But it makes one feel the worst. Really.

On the brighter side, Ice Skating with my Wushu Club was totally enjoyable! Not to mention there was the usual clique of people around making all my favourite jokes! Ah Mok was unusually fun and noisy today, perhaps its because there wasn't my wushu girl's league Vice-Chair, Jac, around...(OoPs!!!).

Then there was my PaPa, our ex-national team player was really good at it and taught me some moves. I think I'll practise the next time I enter the rink again. Just just JUST VIEW upon the MIGHT of having a Singapore Flag on the left side of your jacket. You could do anything and everything! My PaPa can hold a sword on his right hand and a spear on his left hand, then skate on the ice and do 720 degrees Xuan Zi, land perfectly on his skates and then go up for another round of Xuan Feng Tui! Our national anthem would sing in pride of him! (Papa had just humbly commented that I was exaggerating BUT I swear he was just nice and being humble =D)

Well of course....He is my PAPA and my PAPA could do anything!

MaMa on the other hand was a bit wobbly...but that's besides the point.

Gary...he was busy practising and achieving his dream of making a really huge snowball. Of course, he'll never have good intentions in making such things! -.- I hope he doesn't see this! But if it's his dream I'd gladly be his accomplice

I'll upload the pictures ASAP when I get my hands on them!

We were treated to MacDonald's and left for Daiso. Too bad I was unwell (really unwell) to have dinner with them after that and left for home.

That's all for now. I'm running a slight fever and its been a really long day. I'm heading for my beauty sleep now! Night!

Yunz

No comments: