Tuesday, January 1, 2008

The Joy of Walking Aimlessly ^.^

*Listening to 我很想爱他 by Twins*


It has been eons’ since I last went out alone, randomly choosing an area and then wonder aimlessly around. Since my bag wasn’t really repacked from the last day of 2007, (which I’m glad I did not so) the camera and tripod was still sitting obediently in my sling bag, waiting anxiously for me to pick it up again!



I took a few random photos including the sculpture placed in the center of a small fountain outside Mandarin Hotel. The second picture was taken later in the night while taking the same route but with Gary’s company this time. Honestly I’ve never realized the beauty of Esplanade’s durian like thorns until I opened up the picture on my computer later! Its blue lights truly added a touch to the background! Durians can only taste as fabulous!


I found this ‘fragment’ of esplanade a few hundred meters away…guess some irresponsible person threw the husk out of the window. *Grrrrrr!!!* May Karma befall on whoever he is!Oh…notice the golden circular plates hung below? It contains someone’s wishes and more of them are hung around Marina square. They remind me of the wish Gary wrote on the big yellow floating ball…^.^ (HIS WISH includes his USUAL ****** jokes that everyone enjoys…)















As I walked further down, the uncompleted Ferris wheel came into sight. The pictures taken weren’t presentable at all so I’m not posting them up…but I can’t wait for its construction to complete! Round and round, up and down…it’s so similar to life…just that there is someone taking the ride with you and you are not alone, and that when you smile there is someone right beside you…smiling with you too. Scenery shared with someone special always seem more beautiful.


Looks familiar? You've most probably seen it after coming up from City Link towards Marina Square!











Hopefully we’ll get to admire next year’s decorations together again!
Some back post: I took this picture while walking around Orchard after watching AVP. The Christmas decorations are still on and I guess this year’s theme was something like White Christmas…truly beautiful!!! I really liked this tin-man, too bad I wasn’t able to take it home with me…

This photograph was taken in Marina Square as we were heading towards the food court to watch the fireworks display.









Oh… I forgot to mention that both Alien Vs Predators and The National Treasure are great movies; watched them this week. I am a easy to please girl so I’m giving AVP a 4 Star for both alien and human casts and 4.5 Stars for TNT for its non-stop humorous entertainment. My 5 stars is still reserved for The Lion King so… gomenasai! XP

So…is anybody on for Alvin and the Chipmunks? =D

*Listening to 我很想爱他 by Twins*

No comments: