Thursday, March 24, 2011

The Ultimate Spa

I just went for the deal from BigDeal.sg - 87% OFF on Glycolic Face Spa or Dead Sea Mud Body Remedy @ the Award-Winning The Ultimate Spa. Add $5 for a Relaxer Back Massage @ $38.


I badly needed a facial from a outbreak over the last weekend. Must be too much chocolate cakes from Siong's mommy's b'day! So I simply got the two most value for money deal available at deal sites. It really pleased me to know that both are below $50, the price I pay at my usual facial venue.

So one of which is the Glycolic Face Spa @ The Ultimate Spa. For it's service, location and the cut off the usual price, it's a great deal, but they will not see me again.

It's just 30mins from home, located at the Bukit Batok Civil Service Centre. It's the second time I've been to the place so I'm more or less familiar with its location, just that Bukit Batok CSC is really big and has two different sections! One section has only 4 floors, while the other section has the 5th Floor where The Ultimate Spa is. If you take the lift which only brings you to the 4th floor, alight at the 3rd floor and walk to the other end - towards the nature themed swimming pool (only opened to members and their guest). Walk striaght pass the pool and turn left, take the lift to the 5th floor and there you are, at The Ultimate Spa at Bukit Batok Civil Service Centre.

Within the Spa itself, they have another level up. It's a beatiful and relaxing place, not to mention really big for a spa location. It's like walking into a Banyan Tree resort located on a Hilltop with lots of potted plants and phuket flooring.

The Gylcolic mask basically helps to remove dead skin without the need of harsh exfoliation. It's amazing property is that it will nutrilize itself after 8 mins or so, so it will not eat into your skin like acid if you just fall asleep while doing home treatment. Meanwhile, they'll do a good & nice shoulder message that hits all the feel-good points, leaving you even more relax and sleepy! It's one of the best shoulder message I had with the right amont of strength. I guess message is their stronger and better service compared to facial.

The extraction process was very thorough and only abit painful. I mean, facials have only three kinds, abit painful, painful and very painful. Some people with very low tolerance level have another meter called excrutiating pain, but I don't think this will ever happen at the Ultimate Spa. They are really gentle. However, they do steam the face first which I am really against. My usual facial do not use the steamer at all. The products they use come from Gemany, Barcelona, and they feel good on the skin, not strong or too prickling. I think they could be stronger though. as I feel it is too mild to be of any good use and does not justify it's hefty price tag.

At the end of the session, I came out with a very swollen red face that looked like someone just ran needles across it. They did not have a machine that helps to lessen the swell and depend solely on their products,which is very obvious it did not work well on me. They said that my face condition is really bad and they should have given me a stronger cooling product to use.

This makes them look very amature with their understanding of a customer's face condition and their own products. In fact, if that is the case, they should have completed the whole treatment by ensuring that my face swell subsides before letting me go. This was the case for most facials I went, except for this one which still tried to sell me a year package and some other products, saying that they will use 'this and that' the next time. It kind of made me feel that they are trialing and erroring their products on my face and they will use the first few sessions to do that. Very unprofessional.

When I said that I think the products are not working well on my face (as can be seen from my evidently swollon red face),all they could say is ' This is good for you' and 'This is very good for you'. They do not touch on the 'Why is it good' and the 'How it works' or even explain what it is for. I think they should just stick to doing message. Very unconvincing.

Rating: 2 stars out of 5.

No comments: