Friday, June 13, 2008

This Week~

Most of us see this poster almost everyday around the MRT stations for several years, so much so that we sometimes do not even notice its presence anymore. Some unknown factor got me looking closely at this poster again, and that was when I realised something : Chee Siang Shifu has got his influence far and wide. Even the Government, or at least, SMRT has decided that pointing your middle finger should be the way of life here. *as seen below*
Or maybe the guy down there is Chee Siang!!!! ( Ci Pei yous dear dear is famous in Singapore!)

My brother, mother and I went to Mushroom Pot at OG last Wednesday for dinner. They had steamboat and I thought it was too much for me, so I got a plate of Japanese noodles instead. I didn't enjoyed the meal at all... other than the soup that is perhaps worth trying, the dishes and the quality of food does not justify the price at all. Serving fried rice even when we did not order them was cheating since rice is cheaper than meat and other dishes, and serving a small plate of peanuts and vegetables even before we started our orders, only to charge us $2++ each later is also cheating. Lastly, telling us that tea is free flow that comes with the buffet, but without telling us that it comes with extra cost is definitely cheating. Nevertheless, here is some of the food we ordered. Hey Hey Steamboat is definitely much much better, I'll never recommend Mushroom Pot to anyone.

After Mushroom Pot was supper with the Wushu Guys. We went crazy and had some emotional moments too... moments with this group of guys are really interesting!!!

Super RED HOT noodles. Dare to try?
Little Guang Hui and his bowl of porridge. Should have taken him with his Holicks! And the three of them (Bird, Chen Liang and Ardy) with our bottles of Beer!

I've been giving tuition to a kid for the past few weeks now, and he is really poor in his English and Maths. He is a smart boy, just that he had very poor attention span and it really takes alot of effort and patience to teach him. His Chinese is really good but I'd try to refrain from using Chinese as what he needs to do is to get used to using English too. So... in an attempt to explain certain things, I've resorted to drawing...-.- KF is my student and QY is me.

I've also attempted to draw a Pyramid for him before and he actually told me that a Pyramid should not be drawn in the way I did. He went on drawing another Pryamid, only to end up with one that looks exactly the same as mine! -.- Kids....

Today I also tried to show him the difference between a dolphin and a whale, but it dawned upon me that whenever I start to draw, my tutee will start to laugh. So I asked him why he laughs each time I start to draw, and he said, in Chinese: Because teacher draws very well. So I thought it was kind of weird to laugh just because I draw well, so I continued to probe on and asked why he laughs because I draw very well. His reply is as such. :" Because teacher's drawing is really ugly but my grandmother says it's rude to say so, that is why I laugh.

I *Kabished* him after that. -.-

After tuition I did abit of shopping. GSS is really a great time to shop! With 70% discount, I got a $70+ top for only $20+. It was GREAT deal and I'm gonna wear this for BBQ tml! Just that it's white so I guess I'm gonna bring another top to change as well. After that I met Shawn for a BnJ outing... but due to time constrains after too much window shopping, it was postponed - the second time =(. We had Billy Bombers before window shopping, and I tell you the BUFFALO WINGS are FABULOUS! the sauce is superb and each bite and taste is great! We also had milkshake each- Cookies and Cream for me and Mocha for him. Ordered a set meal consisting of a bowl of soup ( We have no idea what soup it was...) and pork ribs with a whole chicken leg. Below's the greatest Buffalo Wings.

And there's Shawn's sauce covered thumb!

Gonna watch my KungFu Panda that Ardy sent me! CHAOS!





No comments: