Wednesday, April 9, 2008

My Dreams!!!


How wonderful it is
that nobody need wait a single
moment before starting to
improve the world....

by: Anne Frank, 1929-1945
German Jewish schoolgirl diarist

I never realised how interesting it would be to just keep clicking on the "next blog" button available on top and landing randomly ,languages (I only browsed through their pictures when this happens!), reasons to blog (like ~ 'What's for dinner today??!!!!' ) , etc...etc...
Chancing upon a wonderful blog depicting a settled and truly happy good life, I got the above quote that set me refreshing my JC days dreams that I enjoy sharing with Yina and Khalis! They always have a good laugh at what they describe 'Randomness', and meeting Khalis coincidentally at Jurong Point yesterday brightens up my day! Just miss those times...life's a little lonelier without you guys.


So if they remember my NUMBER ONE dream and aspiration:-
I believe that no child on earth should ever be hungry!

This belief started during my Junior College days where I was working on my research for my General Paper. While there are Africans and poor people picking up rice grains from the sands and savouring every seed of it, people in well-to-do countries and homes are pouring away large amounts and left-overs and expired foodstuffs that could have been enough to fill those hungry and starving tummies.

I'm not saying that these wasted food should be sent over to Africa and countries in poverty and that we should all finish up every grain of rice on our plates. It's impossible and stupid to get a plane to send expired and left overs to those poor countries anyway.

Research and facts have shown that there is more than enough food to go around to feed every single person on earth. In fact, the amount of food the world is producing now is enough to everybody diabetic! So why are there still starving Africans and people living in perish states?

There can be a lot of reasons:
The number one dumbest reason: Political reasons.
Corruption, refusal to cooperate with the UN body, enormous war budgets that undermine civilian needs, political red tapes etc etc... come on... How is a nation going to survive when the people are either dying or do not even have the strength to work? Corrupted governments will be able to earn more, or rather, earn clean salaries, out of economic improvements and country's wealth than pocketing funds, donations and proceeds for the country. Funding war budgets would be the most brainless reasons of all. How can the country go to war when their people can't even lift a finger - literally?!

The second reason: Lack of ease of transportation to bring food to the mouths of starving stomachs.
Take for example, Africa. Land vehicles are often overpowered by sand storms and lack of proper roads and landing areas discourages transportation of food and water to the area. It's not going to be easy to build proper roads on sand either. It is a real pity for the people to be born in these perish areas and it is just their fate.

However, I always believe in if there is a will, there is a way. I may not have the political ability and right to change the minds of politicians and the political situation of a country, but I believe I can definitely bring food directly to these countries and feed the hungry mouths of these people. Most importantly, children are innocent and they have the right to grow, enjoy their childhood days and live life to the fullest. Dying from starvation and under-nourishment is definitely over unjustifiable.

There are still many reasons but these two reasons are the most pressing and main reasons for the word 'starvation' to exist. Therefore, to fulfill my dream of bringing food to these people, I'll have to work hard and earn lots of money, for my family and for these poor starving children!!!

There are more pictures available on the web and google, but many of them are too gross and send shivers up one's spine... This boy here is considered one of the luckier starving children already...

No comments: