Tuesday, September 14, 2010

A weekend of board games

The last weekend was not as eventful, but not less exciting either! Friday was a day of catching up with some overdue work. Siong's mom being the super nice mommy around packed super nice fish and minced meat porridge for us! I felt it was abit over priced though. Come to think of it, I think I had developed a liking for fish and porridge recently. My choice of dishes usually comprise of some freshly sliced fish... of note, this Fish Stomach and Skin porridge I had on Sunday for dinner at Tao PaYoh. It was fabulous. They really give you the omega 3 filled stomach fats and big well cutted slices of skin, nothing less! Apparently the stretch of eateries have good and well-known food, just that it is well hidden, tucked away behind other shops and snacks stores. I'll make sure we have something else from there again the next time we are nearby! And take some pictures too!

Following that, the saturday was a day with afew hours spent with my beloved NTU wushu juniors and meeting the freshies. It seems like there will be some potential in this year's batch... but its just the beginning and its hard to predict as many people usually leave during the first few weeks. It simply a matter of who stays.

The rest of the evening was great fun and laughter with Mickey, Jessica and dearest Siong at Coffee Nations, our favourite hideout! I transported my full size cluedo all the way there... and the rest of the day was like - Siong got jealous that Mickey and I were "spending too much time together in the Spa" so "with much chance and effort he made his way to the room and forced mickey out of the spa pool onto the bed" and Mickey " wasn't too happy with it" so he " jumped into the pool to destroy our nice little private time together finally" . But coz we can't stand the idea of sharing the same spa pool with mickey so when "mickey jumped into the pool, both of us scurried out and gave the whole pool to him!"

You gotta be there to find the whole thing funny! JESSICA PLEASE SET THE NEXT CLUEDO SESSION!!! YOu gotta win AT LEAST ONCE! kekekek...

Sunday was great. It was church then BBK then having good times at Jurong Point! I still prefer the weekdays though when there is less crowd. It's better for my temper too. We had lunch at our long missed Banquet... and then MOVIE!

DON'T watch cats and dogs unless you are a primary school kid or accompanying a pri school kid. The kid would easily rate it 5*. If you are not a kid, it becomes a 1.5* - credits purely going to the really cute animals.

Then it was the porridge dinner mentioned just now and SETTLERS at Fu Kai's place. I'm lovin the game! But I still like cluedo currently, unless I become a expert in Settlers =) I want more board games weekends!!!! Like once a month?!

No comments: