Sunday, September 5, 2010

Mad rush to sleep

I've been officially working for two weeks already/ only and I feel like I have worked for 2 months already although it still feels like it was only yesterday when I just entered the company. I am glad my colleagues and superiors really do trust me in my work and I am not treated like a innocent fresh graduate. They do place high expectations on me and I am glad I am given ample opportunities to learn and do my part. This was already in place the first day I stepped in and I am given five projects to work on already, of which three of them I am playing a leading role with good guidance from my superior. Therefore with so much to do and so much done already, I feel like I had worked for 2 months already, but time had passed so fast, I could still clearly remember my feelings and events that took place the first day I stepped into my space in the department.

That being said, eveynight therefore became a mad rush to sleep. I have to wake up at 7am lastest every morning so I can prepare and leave by 7.30 am to catch the 8am company bus and reach office before my official working hour starts at 8.30pm.

This means I have to start sleeping ideally by 11.30pm. For the past few days I had work to do even after my official working hours ended at 6.15pm, and then I'll try to find some time, usually less than an hour, to spend with Siong, then go home, often reaching home after 11pm. Then I quickly check my personal mails, fb, quickly bath, dry the hair and go to bed... everything before 12am, often getting more tired due to the mad rush.

This weekend however was a welcomed break. Althought the mad rush to sleep is still there, I got to spend my weekend window shopping at Marina Square and Vivo City , have Kenny Rogers, beach at Sentosa, rewarding lunch adventure after church, tandom bike for the first time at East Coast and Karaok at Tanjong Katong. I know that such fun filled and well spent weekend with friends and my love will be hard to come by next time... and I am also feeling the drain of having packed so much activities into two days. For one thing I have not started on decorating my work note book nor started anything on scrapbooking, something I have been wanting to do for a very long while now.

I have been missing on my weekly anime and also rather behind my blogging for I had lots of entries I wanna talk about. I have not been reading my basic bible knowledge nor touched the bible.

It's time to work something out.... a weekly schedule that I should follow... like... I'll try to read my BBK and verses from the Bible at least twice a week.. and to have read and prepare myself before every BBK lesson. But then again...it's gonna be another schedule squeezed into the time I use to rush to sleep.

Gotta work on time management.

No comments: