Monday, September 6, 2010

Blogwalking

Is this some sort of new marketing tactic for online businesses?! Somehow such people (maybe even machine) would leave a often out-of-point comment on my chatbox and have their name linked.

Some time ago I was fighting this anonymous coward whose name is "." . Yes. DOT. who hurled rude remarks on my blog and is still in hiding. Now I have people like miki, supposedly a sexy sara and girls with cute braces praising my blog when I know there is nothing to praise about. Especially when I have half written senseless posts like My BB cream story that only had a picture and some SPF which only I know corresponds to which BB cream! And oh! miki claimed that its very information. Bow wow wow.



I left a threat note on the chatbox a few weeks back threatening to report their blog or leave bad comments if anyone attempts to advertise on my space without my permission. But. I hate to admit, they ain't a tad threatened for their website does not allow any form of reporting or commenting.

I do think that they do targeting as I don't see such phenomenon on my friends' blogs.

Maybe I should check out what is BlogWalking.

Update: Increase Traffic Rank with Blogwalking
Blogwalking, Is a powerful technique to increase your visitors or traffic by visiting your friends blog or even someones you don't know. In This way you can totally increase your traffic in alexa and have a lot of numbers of visitors in your page that result high page impressions by adsense or any other ppc program.

Now I get it! It's another way round the all-so-clever Adsense! You leave a praise, then your link and then people will go to your blog feeling all goody goody! Then Adsense will notice that new IP address and you get the cents! For awhile I was thinking whether I should try earning some extra allowance from Adsense without spoiling the serenity of my blog.. but this is irritating and mindless. As a marketer, I know the big money people pay to advertise on Adwords and simply having traffic crossing over their adverts to gain those tiny cents is not within my code of ethics. I won't attempt blogwalking on other people's site.

I won't stop people from blogwalking here, but at least make enough sense in your comment if you want to earn from my click.

Update:What is blog-walking ? Blogwalking is a technique to increase blog traffic by visiting other blogs and leave your marks there. The other blogger is then expected to reciprocate by visiting your blog.

This sounds more reasonable but I maintain my stand. Make sure you leave a reply worthy mark before expecting any reciprocation.


Update: Now my blog is a gathering place for Blogwalkers. -,-. Hi all.

1 comment:

pretty alice said...

walau! so long~~~
*faint*

by Kudo Alice