Sunday, May 1, 2011

Boat Ski and an exciting Labour Day!

This year's labour day is a day of new trials and adventure! As part of  friend's birthday celebration, we went on a boat ski with wake pirates. It was b'day girl's treat to do something exciting that none of us ( b'day girl, b'day girl bf, bf & me) had done before, before we all grow old with passing birthdays and realise our brittle bones will not restand boat ski and anymore excitement. Dinner was our (bf & I) treat back to b'day girl, just that bf foot all of the bill =P: That was when I had my virgin try on the most horrifically pitch black squid ink pasta that turned me into a witch like monster - continue reading to find out!



Boat Ski with Wake Pirates
Contact person : Jeremy Koh
43 Admiralty Road West S759962
Mobile: 9845 7452
Email: jeremy@wakepirates.com
Enquires: askme@wakepirates.com
Web: http://www.wakepirates.com/



SAF Yacht Club Sembawang Clubhouse is not exactly the kind of clubhouse you go looking your best. Be sure to clad in broad-shorts, singlets or tanks and most importanly, slippers or sandles for your Boat Ski. As true as the web claimed, there is indeed freeflow water and sunblock, just that it's all either used up or empty, so better bring your own drinks and sunblock.

 They charge $90 per person for an hour for the boat ski and it's a good amount of time to learn some good stuff without breaking any bones ( boat ski looks relaxing, but trust me I am sore all over my back). If going in a group, you may need to wait for each other so I say get some chips up on board. Forget about cards as they'll all be in the petrollium dark waters once the boat starts chattering away.

Talking about the boat skiing in sea water, this is what you'll be soaking up and gobbling in when falling - water with Singapore's marine wildlife natural deposits mixed with industrial waste from the nearby all-sorts-of Senoko Factories ( All wastes goes into the canal. All water in the canal flows into a big canal. The big canal is connected to the sea. I was fated to intern and work there so I know.). Human deposits ( like my bf's spit and think about all the pee when people get excited...) and not to forget the visible layer of black petrol floating on the water. You may include all else things imaginable.

Oh but Hack! It's not like we don't know where our tap water & Renew water come from! Don't think about it and have fun boat skiing!
Fresh face all ready to go for boat skiing!

Big ship, small boat - all at Sembawang SAF Yacht Club

Our boat ski boatman & coach - Freddy from Wake Pirates

Two sets of skis for big feet & small feet

Introducing the beer & tobacco man on Jet Ski - Jeremy Hohoohooo

All behing coach's back

BF wearing the ski.
I would have loved to place my boat ski tutorial video, but BF's one turned out to be more informative and better taken (because I was the one who took it -.-). So here it is! Hope you can gain some knowledge here before going for your first boat ski!



A squat...
 

And a stand on first try!
 
I can't stand it how pro BF looks.
Presenting my super Pro BF boat skiing!




This is how small you'ld look from the boat

My turn! As I have never done it before,
 more time was used to get my basics drilled in first.

On board simulation of how you'll feel when tagged by the boat in the water.
For this, a patient, knowledgable and strong coach like Freddy
(coz he needs to simulate the pulling power of a BOAT) is needed.

I have lots of videos of myself in the process of boat ski learning and trying to get boat ski-ing right, but I'm not going to upload it and bore everyone out. Instead, I'll just upload the more interesting and educationa and you'll go subscribe to my You Tube Channel and check out the rest of the videos there! - http://www.youtube.com/user/bearoncloudnine



 The first time you fall durong your boat ski, you'll most probably fall front so you'll be lying in the water on your tummy. To get into position for ski again, you'll have to get onto your back and trust me, the first time is never easy. Somehow things don't work the way you want it to do in the waters with lots of floats!

Tip: Try straightening your legs and knees when you turn. Don't forget to continue keeping them straight when you turn!

And I didn't know there was so much commotion going on on the boat!


This is how you'll look like when preparing -
tuck everything between the ski and your stomach and only your head should be seen!

First time I'm Up!

And in 3 seconds I'm down again! YAY!!!!
Just to give you a video-ral sense of what happened.



Riding on the waves getting pro man =D


We learnt how to get stable, manouver from side to side and lastly, to ride on waves and cut through waves.

It is scientifically proven that the smaller size you are, the smaller you'ld look from the boat.

BF says I am hot....

  
But he also knows my Hotness Level cannot be compared to his...


Just compare it for yourself! He's going one hand show off! Hump!


Busking in the sunset, with sore arms, back and legs =)


Coming up - Squid ink Pasta

No comments: