Friday, April 29, 2011

Embarking research work for dad's website



I have figured out that the first few steps (and the cheapest) in setting up my dad's business is to have online presence.

1. Website
2. Facebook
3. Namecards & creatives to create EDMs and brouchers


I was looking through some photography websites today to gain some inspirations. Some of which I chanced upon are pretty impressive. Check em out:

http://tsangphotography.com/indexfs.html
http://envistar.com/

I have also chanced upon another inspiring website - Seeing beyond sight - photography by the blind. The partnership between Kathy Knox (a blind writer who recently picked up a camera) and Tony Deifell (a photography) is one that would instill deep thoughts into the world of blind.
http://www.seeingbeyondsight.org/?gclid=CJP7x-bywagCFYZ66wodx1l2pg

Although my dad has been in this line for more than 30 years already, he has always been a freelancer getting jobs via contacts. His logo is simply a "IMAGE" in Times New Roman and a "Photography Services" in cursive italics. No issues with the image the log protrayed actually - a Professional and no frills service, exactly what my dad's been doing. However, this would poise a problem when reaching out to the younger ones and to the more fun & creative side of the business which I will be in-charge of venturing into.

So I've thought of setting up a subsidary kind of business to target the more youthful ones. iPho - Stands for Instant Photo, a subsidary of Image Photography Services!

Now to work on the logo and Image of iPho!

No comments: