Thursday, September 24, 2009

SAme Same but different

Same Same... But Different....



This is what I see on the T-shirt I got from Vietnam 9 months ago.

This is what many many people see on the T-shirts they got from Vietnam at probably 2 Sing.

This is what I saw just now as the Tagline for a NTUC advertisement at Boon Lay MRT.



Sure it's catchy and it'll prob give high recall rates... but can't NTUC or it's marketing department think of some other more unique and innovative.. or should I say.. their OWN tagline when they decided to come up with this ad? Aren't they worried that people will link NTUC to Vietnam and not our very own Singapore?

To me this tagline belongs to the Vietnamese and the Girls who were selling these shirts in the markets in Ho Chi Minh City, and if I were to be asked/surveyed about the tagline - Same Same But Different, I'd talk about the shirts and my wonderful experience in Vietnam, not some NTUC advertisement that turned me off so much and preoccupied my mind with disgust, I can't be bothered to read anything else in the ad.


That's not if the ad is about NTUC venturing into Vietnam... I didn't finish reading the ad. Maybe I should go back and finish reading the ad.


Otherwise, Bad advertisement.

No comments: