Friday, October 29, 2010

IVP wushu competition

For the first time since I had known about this competition, I am sitting as a spectator.

I've been competing for the past three years without fail and I still remember the first year I had competed. Every year is a different experience and my goal was always to grasp at least one Gold. But I never did. The best I had done was the first time I competed, in the National Wushu Competition, obtaining 2nd for my fist form. After that was always a decline.

It should be a lack of focus. It is now a regret and I wonder if I could ever, after 10 years of wushu practise and now not practising anymore because of work, still obtain a Gold somewhere somehow. Maybe I should go train in Tai Chi as what Wei Han said. Too old already. Am I?

All my life I just lacked the focus. I had always wanted to go Nepal, but Ivan beat me at it, left only after 6 months of planning. I had planned 6 years.

I really want to continue training in wushu. Just when I felt my competitive life had started, it ended too soon. But because of work, because of various other reasons, I had stopped. And as I see my friends and people I once knew in De Wu, how thay had remained focus and made a name for themselves, I blame myself for not being strong enough to heck the barriers and move on.



No comments: