Thursday, May 27, 2010

JC friends outing and Cobblers in Singapore

I finally went out with the 2 lovelies and 1 dirty (inside joke) again!!! It was a late lunch, then far east shopping (GREAT BUYS) and then dinner at Crystal Jade.

We had some rather ex lunch at Full House (Far East Plaza). The food looks better than it tastes... This is what Jessica had...
And this is my lunch! I love pork floss!!! It looks super flavourful right? It tastes quite normal actually.We were too busy shopping to be taking pictures, but I got the demien shorts that I was looking for for a month, a matching and versatile rocker's belt and a pair of BOOTS which I have been looking for for half a year now. And guess wad. The total expenditure was less than $70. =D
Karen (the ultimate shopper), got two flats, one scarf and a bag. Jessica was the acting boyfriend of the both of us, accompanying us around without getting anything.
Then was crystal jade Dinner! I felt everything was really overpriced though. $ 7 bucks ++ for a bowl of noodle with dried onions (Karen loves it though) is daylight robbery. I din like my fried rice coz it was blend and oily. Jackson had somehting similiar. I think Jess's noodles looked nice though.
The girls...

the dirty guy who aspires to be a xiao bai lian and wants me to help him sign a premium internet connection contract.....
And us with our food!Whats crystal jade without their famous XIAO LONG BAO! =DKaren had to leave after that coz her bf's (Jing Kun) fetching her. Apparently he always sends her home no matter where he is! There was this joke that all girls should send their bfs to karen's training! Then they'll pick us up and send us home from whereever they are! YAY!
A big hug and more importantly, SEE MY NEW BOOTS!!!!
A great day indeed! Had my international student card done too so hopefully its gonn amake travelling in Europe abit cheaper.
An overseas call from Siong adds the final golden butterfly-ish touch to the wonderful day! We talked for 28 mins ( Time passes too fast!) so I think that call costs $12 bucks plus...... but its worth it! Just that maybe have to try cutting down abit more =P

I had the soles of my precious boots enforced by a Cobbler I found at Yew Tee. Costed only 9 bucks and its quite well done I must say! The grip is soo much better and I am sure the boots can now last longer. The cobbler took abit longer though coz the old man could not find his smller knife. I ended squatting down beside him to help him look for the knife. I had innitially pointed out this knife he had just in front of him but he's looking for his smaller knife. So we spent 5-7 mins or so rammaging thru his things abit looking for the knife. Then, I guess he got fed up, he just decided to use his big knife. He picked it up and VIOLA! The small knife he was looking for is just hidden underneath the big knife!!!!
It's worth a little laugh!
I am glad that such cobblers are still around. In time to come, they will extinct and everyone have to go to Mister Mint, a absolutely horrid place that charges three times more, use cheap materials and void of human feelings. Bad experiences only.
And I'm gonna see Jessica in another 2 hours plus time! WOO HOO!!!

No comments: