Monday, March 28, 2011

When everything taste the same

It all started off with a loss of voice. Somehow my voice was drained away from my throat by some jounin invinsible to the eye and my voicebox could only produce empty clutters since last tuesday. Tomorrow is already gonna be a new Tuesday. Then a wednesday night my blanket mysteriously, ok, not so mysteriously, got stuck at some part of the bed and no matter how hard I pull, I could never get enough cloth to shield me from the fan. I find it kind of ironic when the one feeling hot wanted the fan and the blanket at the same time.... anyway, I caught a cold that night. So that's how I got my nose blocked since then. The deadly illness also conveniently blocked my ears, tastebuds and I think it blocked a big part of my brain signals such that I was not quite sure what I had been doing for the past few days. Glad I am clearer now. I felt like a lost duck in a desert back then, keep wondering what am I doing or how did I end up here? It also felt like I have been eating duck porridge every single meal for the past whole week. For the days beginning with the loss of voice, I had been eating porridge every single meal and had duck porridge for dinner as it is the most assessible and good tasting porridge available after work at Sembawang MRT and Yew Tee MRT. So I had it on wednesday night and it was the last thing I tasted. After that everything else was duck porridge. As I could only remember the last taste I had - the duck porridge , bread the nex morning tasted like porridge, dumpling soup tasted like duck, water tasted like dumpling soup which tasted like duck porridge, siew mai tasted like water, almond milk tea tasted like siew mai, sushi tasted like siew mai, which all tastes the same like duck porridge. Life could only be described in 1 word - Agonizing. I spent much more these days, putting all kinds of different food into my mouth with great faith that maybe, just maybe, i'll be able to taste this one! I got more and more dissappointed each time. Finally I turned to WASABI which myth says would shoot through the nose and clear it! Like real. It did shoot through, but somehow the great ocean is still stuck in my nose and I am still sniffing till now. I'm just glad that I din have a running nose. I know that it could have been worst.

No comments: